Translated Resources (by topic)
Speak my Language – translated resources and carer’s guides to help client’s understand the Aged Care system.
- Moving Pictures – Dementia Awareness for CALD communities – short animated film that translates simple messages on how to reduce dementia risk at any age. Available in Hindi, Cantonese, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Vietnamese, Greek, Tamil, Arabic and English.
- Dementia Australia – Information in other languages
Alcohol and Drug
Allergy and Anaphylaxis
Translated Appointment Reminder Tool – NSW Refugee Health Service
- Asthma Australia has – 10 things to live well with asthma – Dari Nepali
- Asthma: What your doctor needs to know. (Arabic, Burmese, Dinka, Dari and Nepali)
- National Asthma Council Australia – translated resources
Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Video Stories of autism in Arabic, Vietnamese and Nepali – Ialk Studios
- Positive Partnerships (Arabic, Burmese, Dari, Farsi, Hazaragi, Hindi, Nepali, Panjabi, Somali, Tamil, Urdu)
Breastfeeding and children’s nutrition
Global Health Media – Many videos in many languages
Translated pictorial fact sheets about How to take a stool sample (‘Collecting poop with pics‘)
BSQ and Metro North HHS – ‘Your Guide to Breast Health – English and translated short versions:
- Translated resources and some videos – TRUE Your Health, Your Future: Get a Cervical Screening Test (true.org.au)
- Easy read pictorial and some languages – National Cervical Screening Program – How to collect your own sample | Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care
- Cervical self collection videos translated National Cervical Screening Program – Cervical screening explained (other languages) | Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care
- Video about self collection in English for CALD communities – National Cervical Screening Program – How to take your own Cervical Screening Test sample – YouTube
- Easy Read – information about Self collection for cervical screening (English and other languages)
Simplified resource on 3 cancer screening programs for CALD community members (15 languages) from Cancer Institute NSW. See them here.
Children’s story books, ‘Birdie’s Tree’ helps babies and young children cope with the preparedness, response and recovery phases of natural disasters.
Benefits of being bilingual
Speak to your child in the language you know best – English posters and translated information
Metro South Health – videos in multiple languages – View the videos
Communication Tool (print your own) – Eastern Health Language Services
- Diabetes NSW & ACT – A series of books – 20 languages
- Ethno Med – Pictorial presentations with bilingual voice overs:
- How Foods Affect Blood Sugar (Ethiopian and Eritrean Patients)
- How Foods Affect Blood Sugar (Iraqi and Syrian Patients)
- How Foods Affect Blood Sugar (For Somali Patients)
Download them all here
- Amparo Advocacy factsheets about the National Disability Insurance Scheme – 33 languages
- Centre for Culture, Ethnicity and Health – Disability Services Glossary in Arabic and Vietnamese
- Co creating resources for Arabic speakers with disability from refugee backgrounds. – YouTube
NDIS Translated Resources
Domestic and Family Violence
- Queensland Government – Domestic and Family Violence translated resources
- Immigrant Women’s Support Service (IWSS) What is domestic violence? and What is sexual violence?
- Family Safety Pack (DSS)
- UNSW Sydney – Human Rights Training Package – Multilingual videos
- ‘Your Body, Your Choice’ – TRUE
- Recognising the signs of family violence videos in sixteen languages
Family Safety Pack is a patient resource for all people coming to Australia and is available in 46 translated languages. Developed by the Australian Government, the pack includes information on Australia’s laws on the following topics:
- domestic and family violence
- sexual assault
- forced and early marriage
- family violence and partner visas
- dowry abuse
- female genital mutilation/cutting
- LGBTQIA+ relationships
- trafficking and slavery
Health – Doctor and Specialists definitions
- Refugee Health Assessment Information (2022)
HEALTH ASSESSMENT ON ARRIVAL IN AUSTRALIA – Information for Ukrainian arrivals (786 visa holders)
Access to Heath services in Australia – videos in various languages
National Heart Foundation – information about Warning signs , Healthy heart habits, Heart healthy tips – English and Arabic
Rheumatic Fever and Rheumatic Heart Disease
Continence Foundation of Australia (multiple languages)
EMBRACE – Translated fact sheets on common mental health concerns
Mental Health videos in Dari, Arabic and Karen – from Italk Studios
Queensland Health – translated fact sheets about the Mental Health Act.
Transcultural Mental Health Centre (NSW) – Translated Consumer Medication Brochures
Nutrition & Hygiene
Faith perspectives on palliative care – videos
Raising Children – Find articles, videos and picture guides on key parenting topics translated into a selection of languages other than English (LOTE).
A suite of approved stillbirth prevention resources for use in the implementation and promotion of the Safer Baby Bundle collaboratively designed for healthcare professionals working with pregnant women. See them here.
Reproductive and Sexual Health Resources
FPV and Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health have translated resources here.
Rights and responsibilities
UNSW – Fact sheet and videos in multiple languages about Human rights for people in Australia
Signs of stroke & What is stroke – information in other languages by Stroke Foundation Australia
Animation about How to use Telehealth in English produced by Brisbane South PHN and audio files in some languages available here.
Qld Health – translated information into multiple languages.
Vitamin D deficiency
NSW – Information on who is at risk, how a vitamin D deficiency is diagnosed and treated. Multiple languages
Reproductive and Sexual Health – Multilingual resources – Family Planning Victoria
Multilingual information on endometriosis, menopause, ‘Be healthier’ and Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Available from Jean Hailes for Women’s Health
Family Safety Pack – information on Australia’s laws regarding domestic and family violence, sexual assault and forced marriage, and a woman’s right to be safe.
RHNQ YouTube Channel