Training for GPs
Caring for people from a refugee-like background in Queensland
Delivering refugee health care in a primary health care setting can be a challenge for health practitioners. It can be difficult to quickly access relevant information for primary care practitioners working in the Australian setting. This series of Modules, developed by experienced general practitioners, provides an informative introduction to refugee health care offering practical information to support the care of people of refugee background in Australia. This introductory guide complements other helpful information that has been collated for health practitioners.
A series of educational modules on refugee health care with a focus on primary health care.
- Module 1: An Overview of Refugee Health – Context and Important Considerations, Dr Rebecca Farley (17:53 mins)
- Module 2: Cultural and language considerations in consultations, Dr Rachel Claydon (21:27 mins)
- Module 3: Trauma informed care, Dr Rebecca Farley (19:49 mins)
- Module 4: Comprehensive refugee health assessment, Dr Rebecca Farley (23:49 mins)
- Module 5: Management of common refugee health conditions, Dr Rachel Claydon (18:10 mins)