Regional Interpreting Internship Model (2021)- CatholicCare Social Services
Promoting Oral Health for Refugees: An Advocacy Guide (2020) – FDI World Dental Federation
Refugee healthcare perceptions in regional northern Australia: transition through engagement, access, trust, privacy, the old, and the new.; Michael Au, Robyn Preston, Meg Davis. Australian Journal of Primary Health (June 2021)
- Refugee health nursing – Kath Desmyth, Sandy Eagar, Meryl Jones, Leeanne Schmidt, Jan Williams (10 June 2021) – Wiley Online library
- Red Cross Red Crescent Global Migration Lab COVID-19 report (March 2021)
- Power and Globalization in Africa: Perceptions of Barriers to Fair Economic Development in Kenya, Perspectives on Global Technology and Development, Volume 20, Issues 1-2, 2021, John Bosco Ngendakurio
- The experiences of culturally and linguistically diverse people with disability – Royal Commissioninto Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability – Issues Paper (March, 2021)
- Enhancing and supporting the COVID-19 vaccination program – focusing on Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities – Holly Seale—School of Population Health, University of New South Wales; Anita Heywood—School of Population Health, University of New South Wales; Lisa Woodland—NSW Multicultural Health Communication Service; Ben Harris-Roxas—Population and Community Health SESLHD and CPHCE UNSW; Abela Mahimbo—School of Public Health, UTS Sydney; and Ikram Abdi—School of Population Health, University of New South Wales.
Communicating COVID-19 health information to culturally and linguistically diverse communities: insights from a participatory research collaboration – Abigail Wild, Breanne Kunstler, Denise Goodwin, Saturnino Onyala, Li Zhang, Marama Kufi, Wudad Salim, Faduma Musse, Mohamed Mohideen, Molina Asthana, Mohammad Al-Khafaji, Mary Ann Geronimo, Daniel Coase, Erin Chew, Eddie Micallef, Helen Skouteris (Public Health Research and Practice, March 10, 2021)
- Navigating the Politics and Ethics of Hospitality: Inclusive Practice with Forced Migrants – Ravinder K Sidhu, Donata Rossi-Sackey – The British Journal of Social Work Dec 21, 2020 Access the full article here (FREE)
- The COVID-19 vaccines rush: participatory community engagement matters more than ever– multiple authors- The Lancet (Dec 2020).
- Communicating with migrant and refugee communities during COVID 19: Learnings for the future– Settlement Council of Australia (Nov 2020)
- Reconceptualising specialisation: integrating refugee health in primary care – Donata Sackey, Meryl Jones and Rebecca Farley – Australian Journal of Primary Health (Sept, 2020)
- If we don’t count it…It doesnt count – Towards Consistent National Data Collection and Reporting on Cultural, Ethnic and Linguistic Diversity – Issues Paper by FECCA (Oct, 2020)
- Overcoming cultural difference in end-of-life planning – Advance Care Planning Australia (Aug, 2020)
- Developing interprofessional collaboration between clinicians, interpreters, and translators in healthcare settings: outcomes from face-to-face training – Claire Xiaochi Zhang, Emma Crawford, Jeanne Marshall, Anne Bernard & Katie Walker-Smith (July 2020)
- Using Evidence to Improve Refugee Resettlement: A Monitoring and Evaluation Road Map – A Ahad, C Le Coz, H Beirens Migration Policy Institute (June 2020)
- Effective consultation: a strategy to enhance Queensland Health’s Patient Experience data collection from people of a refugee background – Findings arising from the Patient Experience Project (April, 2020)– Mater Centre for Integrated Care and Innovation
- Development and evaluation of interprofessional e-learning for speech pathologists, interpreters and translators by Claire Xiaochi Zhang, Jeanne Marshall, Anne Bernard, Katie Walker-Smith The International Journal of Translation and Interpreting Research Vol 12, No.1 (2020).
- Perceptions of mental health and perceived barriers to mental health help-seeking amongst refugees: A systematic review (Feb, 2020) Byrow, Pajak, Specker and Nickerson
- Review into Integration, Employment and Settlement Outcomes for Refugees and Humanitarian Entrants in Australia (Feb 2019) – Peter Shergold, Kerrin Benson and Margaret Piper. Read the Report and the Government’s response to the report here
- Timeline of Australia’s refugee policies  UNSW Law Society Court of Conscience 13
- Australian Government Department of Health Exploratory Analysis of Barriers to Palliative Care – Issues Report on Refugees, September 2019
- A model explaining refugee experiences of the Australian healthcare system: a systematic review of refugee perceptions Michael Au , Athire Debbie Anandakumar, Robyn Preston, Robin A. Ray and Meg Davis BMC International Health and Human Rights (2019) 19:22
- Review into Integration, Employment and Settlement Outcomes for Refugees and Humanitarian Entrants in Australia (Feb 2019) – Peter Shergold, Kerrin Benson and Margaret Piper.
- No More Silence – A project has been designed to conduct research on child sexual abuse (CSA) and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities in Australia.
- Community engagement with refugee-background communities around health: the experience of the Group of 11 – Paula Peterson, Samira Ali, Alie Kenneh and Ally Wakefield – Australian Journal of Primary Health Care April 2019
- People from refugee and asylum seeking backgrounds: an open access annotated bibliography (Aug 2019) Sally Baker Refugee Education Special Interest Group
- A model explaining refugee experiences of the Australian healthcare system: a systematic review of refugee perceptions – Michael Au, Athire Debbie Anandakumar, Robyn Preston, Robin A. Ray & Meg Davis BMC International Health and Human Rights volume 19, (2019)
- Pharmacy practitioners’ lived experiences of culture in multicultural Australia: From perceptions to skilled practice – Jasmina Fejzic, Michelle Barker June, 2019
- Experiences of Health Care among Refugee and Asylum Seeker Residents in Regional Victoria – University of Melbourne
- Migrant and Refugee Women’s Health Partnership (Jan, 2019): Competency Standards Framework for Clinicians – Culturally responsive clinical practice
- The Settlement Council of Australia (SCOA); Refugee Council of Australia (RCOA); the National Ethnic Disability Alliance (NEDA); and the Federation of Ethnic Communities’ Councils of Australia (FECCA) released a new report outlining the significant obstacles faced by refugees with disabilities who are living in Australia (Feb 2019).
- Building a New Life in Australia: The Longitudinal Study of Humanitarian Migrants– National Centre for Longitudinal Data
- Enhancing health literacy strategies in the settlement of migrant and refugee women (Feb 2018) – Migrant and Refugee Women’s Health Partnership
- Intimate partner violence in Australian refugee communities – Child Family Community Australia (CFCA) – Intimate partner violence in Australian refugee communities: Scoping review of issues and responses Alissar El-Murr (Dec, 2018) Watch the video here
- Cultural responsiveness in a paediatric hospital setting People, processes, and practice environment. Claire Xiaochi Zhang & Emma Crawford, Journal of Clinical Practice in Speech-Language Pathology, Vol 20, No. 3, 2018
- Seizing the opportunity: Making the most of the skills and experience of migrants and refugees – A research report for Multicultural Affairs Queensland (November 2018)
- Congolese Men and Women of Good Hope: The Legacies of Refugee Camps for Work Market Readiness in Hyper-Diverse Cities (2018) Ngendakurio, John Bosco – Masters Thesis
- DEALING WITH DIVERSITY: Aged care services for new and emerging communities (August 2018) – National Seniors Australia
- Intergovernmental collaboration for the health and wellbeing of refugees settling in Australia (March, 2018) Belinda Martin, Paul Douglas
- Supporting the Mental Health & Wellbeing of Resettled Refugees – THE WINSTON CHURCHILL MEMORIAL TRUST OF AUSTRALIA. Report by Greg Turner – 2017 Churchill Fellow
- An unnecessary penalty: Economic impacts of changes to the Status Resolution Support Services (SRSS) – FULL REPORT (Sept, 2018)
- Access and Equity to feedback and complaints for multicultural communities – FECCA
- Working Together to improved health literacy of women from refugee backgrounds (Aug 2017) – Health Issues Centre and Victorian Refugee Health Network
- The Royal Australasian College of Physicians Refugee and Asylum Seeker Health
Position Statement (May 2015)
- Coordinated Primary Health Care for Refugees: A Best Practice Framework for Australia – Russell G, Harris M, Cheng I, Kay M, Vasi S, Joshi C, Chan B, Lo W, Wahidi S, Advocat J, Pottie K, Smith M, Furler J (2013). Report to the Australian Primary Health Care Research Institute.
Other Research links
- The Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne Immigrant Health Service has a webpage intended as a clearing house for refugee health research in Australia. Information available in the published peer reviewed literature has been compiled, and links to the relevant PubMed or ERIC abstract are shown.
- The Victoria Refugee Health Network library contains resources, policy documents, reports, weblinks and pages relating to refugee health.