Learnings about CALD Engagement during COVID 19 in Queensland
The CALD COVID Health Engagement Project (CCHEP) was delivered from 2020-2022. It was evaluated by QUT.
- Read the report Evaluation of a collective response initiative to engage CALD communities in COVID-19 Health Communication
- Read the Evaluation Summary
- Watch the video of Dr Bridget Abell presenting the findings of the evaluation
- Watch a video about CCHEP and the impact on community
Alongside CCHEP, Centacare FNQ led further consultations with stakeholders and their networks across seven regions in Queensland, known as the Think Tank. The aim of these consultations was to document lessons learnt from CALD Communities in Queensland and outline models of engaging with CALD communities, informed by CALD community perspectives on how to build capabilities and respond to the next phase of living with COVID. Concurrently Dr Paul Schmidt conducted semi-structured consultations with key practitioners who worked in government and non-government, multicultural and health sectors during the response to the COVID pandemic in QLD 2020-2022 with the aim of developing a practical resource for planning and implementation.
Taken together, the tools and strategies support an interlinked approach to CALD community engagement and government decision making. The findings from these consultations resulted in several documents that aim to collectively demonstrate a community development approach which will support services and community to respond effectively to COVID 19 and other future crises.
The key documents developed from these consultations:
- A Guide to effectively engaging with CALD communities Based on lessons learnt during COVID-19 – Centacare FNQ
- Supporting and learning from CALD community-level engagement: The importance of boundary spanning roles – Dr Paul Schmidt
Toolkit – Activities to support community engagement, tackle burnout and support workforce:
- The Triangle of Trust for community engaging with services
- The Triangle of Trust for services/stakeholders: Engaging with CALD communities
- Tree of Empowerment – Stakeholder CALD Community Consultation Tool
- Workplace temperature Check
- My Workplace & Me Self Care Grid
- Working from Home Self Care Plan
- Workplace Bingo
- Handy 5 for CALD Community Messaging
- Watch a recording of the Launch of the Guides (March, 2023)
- Download the PPT Presentation.
- If you want to contribute to the ongoing development of this work please email: firstname.lastname@example.org