Child and Youth
Guidelines and Tools
- Australian Refugee Health Practice Guide – Child & adolescent booklet
- The Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne – Immigrant Health Service – Developmental Assessments for children
- Parents’ Evaluation of Developmental Status (PEDS)
- How Culture Influences Health – Caring for Kids new to Canada
- Child Development Program of Children’s Health Queensland
- Qld Program of Assistance to Survivors of Torture and Trauma (QPASTT) – Children and Youth Program
- Targeted Hearing Screening Project
- Migrant Youth Vision Project (MYVP) – Brisbane based project run by MDA Ltd.
- Children’s Health Queensland – Find a Service
- Headspace – A free or low-cost youth mental health service for 12–25 year olds (Translated brochures here).
- It Takes a Village – Save the Children Providing supported playgroups for children and women from migrant and refugee backgrounds
- Raising Children Network – Choose a language to see articles, videos and picture guides on topics like daily care, nutrition, sleep, child disability and more.
- Global Health Media – Breastfeeding, starting solids and food hygiene.
- Multicultural Nutrition Resources – Metro South Health
- The Department of Education and Training NSW has developed translated fact sheets for parents and carers on how to support children to improve their skills in counting, algebra, geometry, graphs, tables and reading. A total of 10 resources are available in 22 languages and can be accessed here.