Speak my Language – translated resources and carer’s guides to help client’s understand the Aged Care system.
Moving Pictures – Dementia Awareness for CALD communities – Videos and comics in Arabic
Dementia Australia – Information in other languages
Palliative Care – Care Search
Allergy & Anaphylaxis
Calling an Ambulance videos in multiple languages (flat or virtual reality goggles)
Translated Appointment Reminder Tool – NSW Refugee Health Service
- Asthma Australia has – 10 things to live well with asthma – Dari Nepali
- Asthma: What your doctor needs to know. (Arabic, Burmese, Dinka, Dari and Nepali)
- National Asthma Council Australia – translated resources
Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Video Stories of autism in Arabic, Vietnamese and Nepali – Ialk Studios
- Positive Partnerships (Arabic, Nepali)
Breastfeeding and children’s nutrition
Global Health Media – Many videos in many languages
Simplified resource on 3 cancer screening programs forCALD community members (15 languages) from Cancer Institute NSW. See them here.
Child Health – Natural disasters
Children’s story books, ‘Birdie’s Tree’ helps babies and young children cope with the preparedness, response and recovery phases of natural disasters.
Metro South Health – videos in multiple languages – View the videos
Coronavirus (COVID 19)
- Check out the Network News page for links
- Queensland Health – Information for multicultural communities – Translated resources coronavirus (COVID-19) and changing restricitons in Queensland
- QACC Radio – Audio messages in some African languages
- Queensland Government – Domestic and Family Violence translated resources
- Queensland Health – Information for families of people in aged care and disability care receiving a COVID-19 vaccination – translated fact sheets
Communication Tool (print your own) – Eastern Health Language Services
- Diabetes NSW & ACT – A series of books – 20 languages
- Ethno Med – Pictorial presentations with bilingual voice overs:
- How Foods Affect Blood Sugar (Ethiopian and Eritrean Patients)
- How Foods Affect Blood Sugar (Iraqi and Syrian Patients)
- How Foods Affect Blood Sugar (For Somali Patients)
Download them all here
- Amparo Advocacy factsheets about the National Disability Insurance Scheme – 33 languages
- Centre for Culture, Ethnicity and Health – Disability Services Glossary in Arabic and Vietnamese
- NDIS – Easy English video
Domestic and Family Violence
Female Genital Circumcision/Cutting
Health – Doctor and Specialists definitions
Access to Heath services in Australia – videos in various languages
National Heart Foundation – information about Warning signs , Healthy heart habits, Heart healthy tips – English and Arabic
Heart – Rheumatic Fever and Rheumatic Heart Disease
Continence Foundation of Australia (multiple languages)
Nutrition & Hygiene
Global Health Media – Nutrition videos in multiple languages
Keeping food safe – video
Raising Children – Find articles, videos and picture guides on key parenting topics translated into a selection of languages other than English (LOTE).
Reproductive and Sexual Health Resources
FPV and Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health have translated resources here.
Rights and responsibilities
UNSW – Fact sheet and videos in multiple languages about Human rights for people in Australia
Animation about How to use Telehealth in English produced by Brisbane South PHN and audio files in some languages available here.
Qld Health – translated information into multiple languages.
Vitamin D deficiency
NSW – Information on who is at risk, how a vitamin D deficiency is diagnosed and treated. Multiple languages
Reproductive and Sexual Health – Multilingual resources – Family Planning Victoria
Multilingual information on endometriosis, menopause, ‘Be healthier’ and Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Available from Jean Hailes for Women’s Health
Family Safety Pack – information on Australia’s laws regarding domestic and family violence, sexual assault and forced marriage, and a woman’s right to be safe.