COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Information
The following information can be found on this page. Click on the links below to jump to each section:
- Translated Resources
- Other video/easy English/pictorial resources for community
- Government Information
- Services and support
- Resources to manage mental wellbeing
- Other Information – COVID-19
- Multicultural Communities Zoom Webinar notes 29 July 2020
- Queensland Health – Information for multicultural communities – coronavirus (COVID-19)
- QACC Radio – Audio messages in some African languages
- Refugee Health Network Qld – Audio messages in some languages
- Queensland Government – Domestic and Family Violence translated resources
- Health Translations– lists resources by language and regularly updated.
- Humans Like Us– Videos and resources in 35 languages
- SBS online portal provides information in 63 languages
- CORONAVIRUS explained in your language– SBS (51 languages)
- Australian Red Cross
- NSW Government Department of Health
- AMES Australia (videos in many languages)
- CHC Pediatric Refugee Clinic (AZ) – videos in ten languages (English, Spanish, Arabic, Burmese, French, Karen, Kirundi, Maay Maay, Somali, Swahili) with basic COVID-19 information
- Culture Orientation Resource Exchange – videos in multiples languages
- NDIS and disaster response – Translated Resources
- Aged Care and Health Translations
- Developed by Catholic Care – Audio information in Kurdish Kurmanji language about COVID-19.
- Rohingya – Washing hands video (subtitles in English) – UNICEF
- Advice on managing distress – Red Cross information for communities after a distressing event, in 7 languages.
- Tzu Chi Australia – provide daily updates on the situation of Coronavirus in Australia in English and Chinese.
Please be mindful that some resources developed by other states have state-specific information.
Other Video/Easy English/Pictorial Resources For Community
- Easy English COVID 19 Resources – from Access Easy English
- How to protect yourself against COVID-19 – World Health Organization (video)
- Food and healthy eating during COVID-19 – Metro South Health (English and pictorial)
- A one-stop shop for Queenslanders www.covid19.qld.gov.au
- COVID-19 information for Queensland clinicians – Qld Health
- For Government updates, refer to Queensland Health and Federal Health Department
- Department of Social Services – Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and support
- Department of Home Affairs (For travel restrictions and visa related information)
- Australian Government portal (For the latest updates and advice from government agencies across Australia)
Services And Support
- If you are concerned – For health advice, including on over-the-phone nurse assessment of your symptoms call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84). If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
- Multicultural Connect Line – A Queensland-wide service for people from multicultural backgrounds whose lives have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Ph. 1300 079 020
- If you are in quarantine and need help with delivery of essential food and medications, please call the Queensland Community Recovery hotline on 1800 173 349
- Health Direct Coronavirus hub
- Coronavirus response: Resources for families
Resources To Manage Mental Well Being And COVID-19
- Mental health support for COVID-19 – A dedicated page with links to mental health supports.
- Supporting and reassuring children around the world – By Mind Heart in several languages (This short book was created to support and reassure our children under the age of 7, regarding COVID-19).
- Head to Health
- Advice on managing distress – Information from the Australian Red Cross for communities, parents and caregivers after a distressing event, available in seven languages. Download here.
- FACE COVID – How To Respond Effectively To The Corona Crisis – a video by Dr. Russ Harris – Acceptance Commitment Therapy
- How to work with anxiety during COVID 19 – video from the NICABM (National Institue for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine)
- Relaxation videos for African communities in language:
- Podcasts for children – ABC Coronacast
Other Information – COVID-19
- Resources for families (Australian Institute of Family Studies)
- Summary of NRAAG Consultation Outcomes Report – This report consolidates community feedback on the gaps, challenges and barriers in light of COVID-19 rapid responses.
- Society of Refugee Healthcare Providers – Resources including links to videos in multiple languages
- Frequently asked questions for parents – Qld Government
- eSafety Commissioner – online safety advice and resources, including podcasts in other languages
- COVID-19 Update for refugees and people seeking asylum – Refugee Council Australia
- Health Literacy Insights for Health Crises Kim Parson, Humana; Marin P. Allen, PhD, National Institutes of Health; Wilma Alvarado-Little, MA, MSW, Alvarado-Little Consulting; Rima Rudd, ScD, MSPH, Harvard School of Public Health July 17, 2017