- Queensland Health – Information for multicultural communities – Translated resources coronavirus (COVID-19) and changing restricitons in Queensland
- QACC Radio – Audio messages in some African languages
- Queensland Government – Domestic and Family Violence translated resources
- COVID-19 Vaccine information in your language – Australian Government Department of Health
- Australian Government Department of Health – Use language search function on left
- Department of Home Affairs
- My Aus COVID-19 App – A free resource for Australia’s culturally and linguistically diverse communities about COVID-19, its impact and available support (there is a Queensland page). The MyAus COVID-19 app supports access to information, including short animations in line with government advice.
- Health Translations– lists resources by language and regularly updated.
- Humans Like Us– Videos and resources in languages
- SBS online portal provides information in languages
- CORONAVIRUS explained in your language– SBS
- Australian Red Cross
- NSW Government Department of Health
- AMES Australia (videos in many languages)
- CHC Pediatric Refugee Clinic (AZ) – videos in ten languages (English, Spanish, Arabic, Burmese, French, Karen, Kirundi, Maay Maay, Somali, Swahili) with basic COVID-19 information
- Culture Orientation Resource Exchange – videos in multiples languages
- NDIS and disaster response – Translated Resources
- Aged Care and Health Translations
- Developed by Catholic Care – Audio information in Kurdish Kurmanji language about COVID-19.
- Rohingya – Washing hands video (subtitles in English) – UNICEF
- Advice on managing distress – Red Cross information for communities after a distressing event, in 7 languages.
- Tzu Chi Australia – provide daily updates on the situation of Coronavirus in Australia in English and Chinese.
Please be mindful that some resources developed by other states have state-specific information.
Audio and video about Telehealth are available in some languages here.
Getting a COVID-19 test – English script (Developed by Metro South Health: Health Equity and Access Unit)
AUDIO/VIDEO IN LANGUAGE
KAREN – Watch the video here.
Audio messages about testing in some African languages see QACC Radio.
- Should I get tested for coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- How can I get tested?
- How much will the test cost?
- What should I bring?
- How is the test done?
- When will I know the result of my test?
- Need interpreter or other language support?
Please note the script refers to testing centres in Metro South area but for a full list of where to get COVID 19 testing across Queensland see Queensland Health.
For an Easy English version of what happens when you get tested see a pictorial version from NSW Health here.
Translated resources to manage mental well being and COVID-19
- Mental health support for COVID-19 – A dedicated page with links to mental health supports.
- Supporting and reassuring children around the world – By Mind Heart in some languages (This short book supports children under the age of 7, regarding COVID-19).
- Advice on managing distress – Australian Red Cross – for communities, parents and caregivers after a distressing event, available in seven languages. Download here.
- Relaxation videos for African communities in language:
To listen to other older audio messages about COVID-19 see the COVID 19 Audio messages ARCHIVE page