The following documents and links have been provided by Centrelink to assist health professionals to support patients from refugee backgrounds who have medical conditions that affect capacity to work or study and people living with disabilities.
- Centrelink – Working with refugees who have medical conditions Centrelink Fax (Medical conditions): 1300 786 102
- Centrelink Form ‘Consent to disclose information’
- Centrelink ‘Medical Evidence Checklist’
- Centrelink ‘Program of Support’
- Form – Verification of medical conditions
- Disability Support Pension Information
Centrelink Refugee Servicing Network – Help for newly arrived refugees, humanitarian entrants, or people with a Permanent Protection visa to live in Australia
You may have heard that refugees get more support than other Australians. This is not true.
Read Australian Government assistance to refugees: fact v fiction on the Parliament of Australia website.